Why You Want Us To Handle Your Personal Injury Case
The average contingent fee for Maryland attorneys handling Personal Injury claims is 33% of the gross amount of any out-of-court settlement and 40% of any settlement or judgment obtained after the filing of suit.
Here are some pitfalls of handling your claim yourself:
- You are injured by someone else and you inform their insurance company that you were injured but you casually explain how the accident occurred, leaving out important facts and/or emphasizing the wrong or less important facts; or you give a recorded statement leaving out important injured areas of your body, for which, when you report them later on in the development of the case, you are unable to be compensated.
- You give a recorded statement to a trained adjustor who is working for the insurance company and who knows how to trap you into saying things that will hurt your case big time.
- You go to an emergency room of the local hospital and, as described above, you leave out important information or say things that you don’t realize will hurt your case.
- You go to your primary care physician who has little experience in personal injury cases and commits omissions in your medical record by leaving out important injuries or saying things prejudicial to the claim such as that you will likely obtain full recovery. How can anyone make such preposterous statements?
- You go to a physician whose practice relies heavily on referrals from insurance companies and so that physician minimizes the documentation of the seriousness of your injuries.
Our experience has made us familiar with competent physicians who are also knowledgeable in the workings of personal injury cases and who will present your case in documents that protect your claim. They will accurately and honestly document your case as long as you communicate your injuries. We will prepare you each time we are aware of your appointments so that you thoroughly state your injuries. You must let us know when you return to receive follow up care and your must either see us or go over with us on the telephone what you are going to tell your physician. If this is not done, your case may be harmed.
We want you to see competent physicians who are very good in listing the details of your case in their reports. If you see physicians who are too busy to document your complaints fully or who are lackadaisical in the preparation of their reports, your claim will be harmed. If you go to whom I describe as an “insurance company oriented physician”, such a physician may not document your needs properly throughout the process which will often lead to reduced damages and/or a poor outcome of your case.
We know physicians who are both competent and understand the personal injury process.
Getting better is our goal and it should be your goal as well. However, if you have a treating physician who is inexperienced in your medical need as a victim of another person’s negligence, disaster may very likely be the result.
You were injured in an accident but success in your claim is not an accident. Your claim needs to be managed by an experienced personal injury attorney.
CONTACT immediately Fredric Antenberg who practices in the field of Personal Injury in Howard County, Maryland, as well as in surrounding Maryland counties by calling 410 730 4404.